How to combat S.A.D Season Affect Disorder...
Listen up people.... SEASONAL DEPRESSION IS REAL. The weather has been horrendous this last month and it can take a real toll on your mind & your body. If you’ve noticed a decline in energy level, mood, affect, interest in things you once enjoyed...you may be dealing with S.A.D Seasonal Affect Disorder or just slightly be affected by the change in season and temperatures. Some things that I like to do to help shake off the winter blues are :
1)Increase my vitamin D intake
2) use a lamp light to increase energy( you can get it on amazon for around $20 bucks)
3) listen to things that inspire me and bring me joy ( I. E. Music, inspirational interviews/audiobooks)
4) Create vision boards to help bring me out of my funk and focus on positive aspects of my future.
6) writing down words of affirmation & post them where I can see them first thing in the morning
7) take a mental health day...take time off from work and refuel & recharge, whatever that looks like for you personally.
What do you do to help boost your mood during the winter?